California Western -- |
Thomas Jefferson School of Law Exchange Program Spring 2013
Click here for course listings:
JD students in good standing, except for international students and students attending as visitors, are eligible for the Exchange Program. The Exchange will operate only in the fall and spring trimesters and will be limited to 10 students from each school each term. Students must obey the regulations of both schools. Units taken at Thomas Jefferson will count against the total of 8 units that may be transferred from another law school. Thomas Jefferson units will be considered as part of the academic load at CWSL.
The procedure for petition approval, registration, add/drop, and post-session for the Thomas Jefferson Program Exchange is as follows:
1. COMPLETE THE CWSL PETITION FOR THE “THOMAS JEFFERSON EXCHANGE PROGRAM.”
• Fill out the top portion of the Exchange Program Petition (available at the Registrar's office), or click here.
• Indicate the trimester you wish to attend.
• Indicate the number of units you plan on taking both at CWSL and Thomas Jefferson.
NOTE: The total number at both schools combined CANNOT exceed the CWSL maximum course load limit (17 units for full-time students, 11 units for part-time students).
• Indicate which course you wish to take at Thomas Jefferson. If there is an alternative course you are interested in, list that as well (see attached approved course list).
NOTE: Approved students are limited to one course per trimester, and other CWSL policies pertaining to transferring units still apply.
• Submit this form to Associate Dean’s Office for approval NO LATER THAN Monday, January 7, 2013.
2. REGISTERING FOR COURSES AT Thomas Jefferson
• Once you have received approval to attend Thomas Jefferson, you will need to register for the course at the Registrar's Office at Thomas Jefferson. You will need to submit your approved petition. You will also have your photo ID taken and will need to complete the required parking permit forms.
Enrollment for Exchange students at Thomas Jefferson begins Wednesday, December 5, 2012. You may contact their Registrar’s Office at 619-297-9700 x 1471 if you need additional information.
• The last day to register at Thomas Jefferson is Friday, January 18, 2013. Classes begin Monday, January 14, 2013. Please check the attached schedule for the meeting days and times of the courses offered.
3. TUITION PAYMENT
The usual tuition and fees will be paid only to the home institution. No tuition or fees will be paid to the host institution. Students are governed by the tuition policies at their home institution.
5. AFTER THE END OF SESSION
After completion of the course, the Thomas Jefferson Registrar’s Office will automatically send official transcripts to CWSL’s Registrar’s Office for transfer of credits.
NOTE: Only units with grades of C or better will transfer.
CWSL, Petra Buhlmayer, 619-515-1516, , or
Thomas Jefferson SoL, Kim Greenman, 619-297-9700 x 1471