California Western -- |
Add/Drop & Wait List Information
- Add/drop for Fall 2013 begins Tuesday, July 16 at 8:00 am.
- Schedule changes can be made online through Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 11:00 pm.
- Beginning Wednesday, September 4, add/drop fees go into effect and add/drop forms will be available at the Registrar's Office.
- Add/drop is free until the second week of classes.
- Beginning with the second week of classes (Wednesday, September 4, 2013), the fee is $10.00. After the second week, the fee is $15.00.
- NOTE: Courses dropped after the first ten days of scheduled classes will appear on the student transcript with the designation of "W" (withdrew).
Wait List Information
- If a class is full, you may place yourself on the waitlist by clicking on "add to waitlist."
- There is no limit to the number of classes you can waitlist.
- The waitlist will be maintained online and when a space becomes available in a full class, the next student on the waitlist will receive an email notification.
- If you receive notification that a space has become available, you must return to the website within 24 hours and add the class. You will not be automatically added. If you do not add the class within 24 hours, that space will be given to the next person on the waitlist.
- If you are waitlisted for a class, check your CWSL email account daily. Make sure your email account is not full so these messages can get through.
- Please remove your name from waitlisted classes that you are no longer interested in taking.
Minimum and Maximum Course load
- Students classified in the full-time division are required to take 10-17 units.
- Students classified in the part-time division are required to take 8-11 units.
- Deviation from these course loads will need prior approval (see below).
Taking More or Less Units Than Allowed
- If you are a part-time student and wish to take more units during a trimester than your division allows, you will need to submit a petition to Dean Aceves. Those forms are available at the Registrar's Office.
- If you wish to take less units during a trimester than your division allows, you will need to submit a petition to the Business Office. Those forms are available at the Business Office.
See the Registration Information page to access the Fall 2013 class schedule, course descriptions and other information.