Robert O’Leary joined the California Western School of Law Library in November 2014. He had worked as the Outreach and Digital Initiatives Librarian at New Mexico’s Supreme Court Law Library, an Adjunct Professor of Legal Research at the University of New Mexico School of Law, and a Law Library Fellow at the Daniel F. Cracchiolo Law Library at the University of Arizona. During law school he worked as a Reference Assistant at the University of San Diego’s Copley Library as well as volunteered with several immigration law groups and a legal clinic serving people living with HIV.
- M.A., Information Resources and Library Science, University of Arizona, 2013
- Certificate in Digital Information Management, University of Arizona, 2013
- J.D., California Western School of Law, 2011
- M.A., Spanish Literature, University of California San Diego, 2006
- Advanced Legal Research
- Brandon Baker & Robert O’Leary, 4 Sources of Law, in RIPS-SIS Legal Res. Teach-In Kit (2018), https://www.aallnet.org/ripssis/education-training/teach-in/26th-national/.
- Robert O’Leary, Confidentiality & Privacy Apps, A.B.A. Law Tech. Today Blog (Apr. 7, 2017), http://www.lawtechnologytoday.org/2017/04/confidentiality-privacy-apps/.
- Robert O’Leary, Google’s New Mobile Web, A.B.A. Law Tech. Today Blog (Dec. 19, 2016), http://www.lawtechnologytoday.org/2016/12/googles-new-mobile-web/.
- Robert O'Leary, The Skype Interview for Law Librarians: The Nitty Gritty for the Interviewee, AALL Spectrum, July 2014, at 22.
- Robert O'Leary, New Mexico Public Library Legal Toolkit, in Am. Ass'n Law Libr. Pub. Libr. Toolkit (Marsha Thomas & Betsy Sandison eds., 2014).
- Robert O'Leary, Bring the Legal Fair Online to Serve Distant Communities, A.B.A. Law Tech. Today Blog (May 20, 2014), http://www.lawtechnologytoday.org/2014/05/bring-the-legal-fair-online-to-serve-distant-communities/.
- Robert O'Leary, Federal Legal Research on the Internet, in Find it Free & Fast on Net: Strategies for Legal Res. on Web 49 (Nat'l Bus. Inst. ed., 2013).
- Robert O'Leary, Finding "Practice" Tools, in Find it Free & Fast on Net: Strategies for Legal Res. on Web 71 (Nat'l Bus. Inst. ed., 2013).