The application to California Western School of Law is simple and free. Here you can find information on how to apply, important deadlines, admission requirements, and guidance on how to submit a strong application.
Applying to California Western
Complete your free online application by signing into the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) website. We only review completed applications, so ensure you have everything you need before you are done.
Have any questions about California Western? Need some help making your way through the application process? Let us know.
Find out how you can see our campus in beautiful San Diego <Student Life > Life in San Diego >.
Application Priority DeadlinesDates & Deadlines
We review and provide law school admissions decisions as applications are received. Acceptance may be more competitive for applicants whose files are received closer to the priority deadline.
How to Apply
California Western Law School admissions only reviews completed applications, which include the following elements:
Part 1: Electronic application
Visit lsac.org to complete your application electronically.
Part 2: Credential Assembly Service Report
Your CAS report should include the following:
- Valid LSAT score(s) (if applicable)
- All post-secondary transcripts
- Undergraduate transcript must show either completion of bachelor's degree or projected
degree completion prior to law school matriculation.
- For applicants with undergraduate degrees completed within the United States: bachelor's degree must have been awarded by an institution that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- For applicants with undergraduate degrees completed outside the United States: bachelor's degree must have been awarded by an institution that is equivalent to that of institutions accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Undergraduate transcript must show either completion of bachelor's degree or projected degree completion prior to law school matriculation.
- Two letters of recommendation
Part 3: Supplemental documentation
The following materials are also required as part of your application:
- Personal statement
- Addenda (as required/prompted by the application)
- GRE score report showing all valid and reportable scores (only required from applicants without a valid LSAT score)
What exactly is expected in submitting all of the required material? The application guide/components what you’ll need for a complete and competitive law school admissions application.
The Admissions and Financial Aid teams at California Western School of Law are committed to supporting prospective and current students through the process of applying to school, as well as applying for financial support. We have staff who have attended law school, and most of our staff has been in admissions for close to 20 years.
Reach out today and see how we can help you.