California Western School Of Law building background

Forms, Petitions, and Requests

This page provides current students with the forms they need to petition academic matters or request academic records from Registrar’s Office.

Petitioning Academic Matters

Students looking to petition academic matters should direct those requests to the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs. Petitions may also be picked up from the Registrar and the Office of the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs.

Review Academic Policies for addition information on petitions and forms.

The following is list of some of forms you may need.


Need to change your address, request a letter, or request a transcript? Here you can find information what you need and the forms you will need to fill out.

Address Change Form:

Address change form

  • Current students who need to change their address may use the above form. You can also pick up a form from the Registrar’s Office. In lieu of the form you can send our office a letter with your signature. If you are submitting your request through email or a letter, please include the following information:

    • Student ID
    • Name
    • New Address
    • City
    • State
    • Zip
    • Home and Cell Phone Numbers
    • Effective Date of Address Change and Signature
  • Alumni who need to change their addresses with the school should contact the Office of Alumni Engagement at or at (619) 525-1468

Transcript Request Form:

Transcript request form

  • Transcripts can be ordered online 24/7 through the National Student Clearinghouse. You can order transcripts using all major credit cards.
  • Current student please be aware each trimester there is a two-week period prior to the release of grades during which transcripts are not available.
  • Please note the Registrar's office will not make copies of transcripts issued by other schools which may be part of your student file.
  • PDF copies of transcripts for Alumni are no longer available
  • Students who Attended California Western prior to 1978
    • If you attended California Western prior to 1978 please contact USIU/Alliant University at 858-635-4581 for a copy of your transcript.
    • If you have additional questions, see the Transcript Guide or contact the Registrar’s Office. 

Request a Letter Form:

Request a letter form

  • You can use the above form to request a Letter of Standing or Enrollment Verifications
  • If you are planning to visit another school, you need to fill out a petition and receive approval before asking for a Letter of Good Standing-Visit Another School.
  • Letters of standing are usually processed within 48 business hours of receipt.

Other forms

Name change form

Practical Training of Law Students Program (PTLS)

Request a replacement diploma

Registrar’s Office

If you wish to withhold disclosure of your contact information (according to the FERPA Guidelines); please inform the registrar's office in writing.

Still haven’t found what you are looking for?  See the Transcript Guide

You can also contact us if you have additional questions or need to mail, fax or email in a form.

Contact Us

(619) 615-1446

Monday – Friday
8 am – 4:15 p.m.
225 Building, 2nd floor
San Diego, CA 92101