To use the California Western School of Law Financial Aid Office website, you agree to the following:
- I certify that all of the information I have reported in order to qualify for Federal and other student aid is true, correct, and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief.
- I understand that any misrepresentation is cause for denial and/or withdrawal of financial aid. WARNING: If you purposely give false or misleading information, you may be fined and/or imprisoned.
- I agree, if requested, to forward to the CWSL Financial Aid Office a tax transcript for the federal income tax return corresponding to the information provided on my FAFSA.
- I understand that federal regulations prohibit me from receiving a total amount of student financial assistance from all sources, including federal, institutional, and private student assistance,that exceeds my Cost of Attendance. If an overaward should occur, I agree to return enough student assistance to resolve the overaward.
- I understand that the receipt of Federal Work-Study funds offered through CWSL is subject to availability of funding.
- I have read, understand, and agree to comply with the current California Western School of Law Student Handbook.
- I understand that Federal Graduate PLUS loans and private loans are subject to credit approval, and that CWSL will not replace funding denied due to credit problems.
- I understand that by requesting a Federal PLUS Loan or a private loan, I am also requesting my selected lender to perform a credit check on me.
- I authorize the school to transfer loan proceeds received by Electronic Funds Transfer to my student account.
- I understand that I may cancel or reduce the amounts of any aid awarded to me, prior to disbursement, by submitting a written notice to the Financial Aid Office. I also understand that I may return federal loan funds to the school within 90 days of the date of disbursement in order to reverse that portion of my borrowing, without penalty.
The awards on your Electronic Award Letter (the "Awards by Term" and "Accept Awards" tabs) are subject to the following:
- You are responsible for reading the contents of the California Western School of Law Financial Aid website.
- All awards are subject to availability of funds, and to revision upon receipt of new or corrected data.
- You must repay any federal student aid disbursement that is made to you in error.
- You must read the information and promissory notes that apply to the individual loan programs for which you have applied/will apply.
- You must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress, according to the standards for continued enrollment pursuant to the grading and advancement requirements stated in the Academic Policies, to maintain eligibility for financial aid.
- You must be enrolled at least half-time in classes which count towards your degree in order to be eligible to receive federal student loans.
- You must immediately report any changes in your academic progress, (e.g. switching programs, adding or dropping of units, or falling below the required cumulative grade point average) to the Financial Aid Office.
- You must immediately report any grants, scholarships, tuition assistance, student loans, and other forms of student financial assistance that you will receive that are not included on your list of awards. Federal regulations prohibit you from receiving a total amount of student assistance that exceeds your Cost of Attendance.
- You must immediately report any changes of your name, address, phone number, marital status, and/or number of family members to the Financial Aid Office.
- Your loans will not be certified until your full admissions seat deposit is received.
- If you are borrowing for the first time at California Western, you must complete on-line Entrance Counseling for graduate students at Studentaid.gov.
- If you graduate, take a Leave of Absence, or withdraw from school, you must complete online Exit Counseling for each federal loan type received.
- The receipt of loan funds is contingent upon your continued eligibility for federal loan funds. Graduate PLUS eligibility is further contingent upon your credit history and/or that of an endorser.
SCHOLARSHIPS AND OTHER OUTSIDE AID:
Scholarships and other forms of outside aid may appear on your Award Letter. California Western School of Law scholarship amounts are based on information provided by the appropriate California Western departments. Scholarship letters, or other correspondence sent by these departments, supersede your Award Letter when determining the scholarship amounts that you will receive. In no event should the presence of a scholarship or grant award on your Financial Aid award letter, in the absence of other supporting correspondence, be construed as an offer of aid by California Western School of Law.
Rev. December 2020