Our alumni volunteers give back to Cal Western by sharing their experience and knowledge with current students. The Career and Professional Development Office offers several opportunities to facilitate an engaging student-alumni community.
Become an Alumni VolunteerBecome an alumni volunteer
Are you ready to give back? We offer a number of ways for you to share your knowledge and time with current CWSL students.
- We provide students with an Alumni Mentor Volunteer Directory with your contact information and practice area.
- The students will contact you to arrange an introductory meeting.
- We hope to help facilitate long-lasting connections but ask that you commit to meeting with your assigned student once a month for a period of at least six months either in person or virtually.
Alumni Career Advisor
- This is a less structured way of offering advice and expertise than the mentor program. Students contact advisors directly for informational interviews about their career, career path, practice area, or geographic area.
- Participating advisors make themselves available to talk briefly about their practice with students either virtually or, if possible, in person over the course of the year.
Speaker at a Career and Professional Development Seminar
- The Career and Professional Development Office offers professional development seminars and presentations to guide students in their career development.
- The presentations often include attorneys who provide insight into a broad range of topics.
- As our office prepares for upcoming presentations, we will contact those alumni who express an interest in speaking when need arises for speakers in your area of practice or expertise.
Speaker at Lunch with Lawyers
- Lunch with Lawyers group meeting takes place in a more intimate, informal setting.
- Alumni meet with a small group of students for informal discussions and questions about areas of practice and expertise.
- Our office will contact those alumni who express an interest in speaking when need arises for speakers in your area of practice or expertise.
Mock Interviewer with Students
- To help students prepare for job interviews, alumni can conduct mock interviews with students. Students use the Alumni Mentor/Mock Interview Volunteer Directory to contact you directly for mock interviews and/or informational interviews about your career path, practice area, or geographic area.
- Students will provide you with Practice Mock Interview Questions and the Mock Interview Evaluation Form.
Law Clerk/Attorney Jobs for Students and Alumni
- The Career and Professional Development Office is eager to learn of any law clerk, post-bar law clerk, contract attorney, or entry-level attorney positions that might be available in your office or in the office of a professional colleague.
- Submit an employment opportunity online at any time.
Career and Professional Development Office
If you would like to participate in any of these programs, or are aware of any law clerk or new attorney opportunities, please register online.